Thank you for signing up with Shawnee Communications!
Swipe through these 7 steps to find out what's next
Once we schedule your fiber drop installation, we will call JULIE (811) to ensure that all of your utilities are properly located. If you have any buried lines or pipes that a JULIE will not locate, such as a sprinkler system, geothermal energy, etc., please contact us as soon as possible so that we can work with you to identify their locations.
After all of your utility lines have been located, we will then plow the fiber drop to your home. We will install an enclosure on the side of your home which will contain one end of your fiber drop. The other end of the fiber drop will be located in one of our handholes. You do not need to be home for this portion of the installation.
Once your fiber drop has been installed, one of our splicers will install a connector onto the end that is at your home and the other end will be spliced into our mainline fiber.
Now that your fiber drop has been installed and spliced, your service order will be sent back to our customer service team. A member of our team will reach out to you to schedule the in-home portion of your installation. Installations are typically scheduled within three business days of the phone call.
We do require that someone 18 years of age or older be present for all work conducted inside the home. During this time, our technician will install your ONT, router, battery back-up and data and/or telephone jacks. Our technician will work to ensure maximum WIFI coverage in your home, assist you with connecting your devices to the WIFI and test your speed to ensure that you are satisfied with your new service!
Welcome to Shawnee!
Ways to Save!
Check out the various ways you can save money on your monthly statement.
- A military discount on residential Internet service
- A Refer a Friend Program. Just tell your friends to mention your name when they sign-up to earn a one-time credit!
- Lifeline is a Governmental assistance program.
If you want to see if you qualify for either, click the button below:
- Your billing will start on the day you have active working service, and it will be due on the 21st of the following month.
- We offer 24-hour help desk assistance at no charge! Technical support can be reached at 888.247.5119.
- Need to upgrade your speed? Call and upgrade Monday through Friday 8AM to 5PM. We have speeds up to 500M download and upload!
- Going on vacation? We offer vacation rates! Give us a call to learn more.